Monday, March 14, 2011

OH MY JESUS

Okay so I’m un the interlearns now… it’s a nasty sticky business, but overally I’ve gotta confess I am rather enjoying the experience… except for one unit.

I have to say, I really am not one to like book learning art. I have real issues with it, like diametrically polarized against it. I find that art in the book sense tends to be full of pretentious WANK. Two and a half pages of words to explain that could be easily done in two lines. Sociology fares about the same (which thanks to the nature of my course I must dabble in at least twice more over my 3 years). So you can imagine my chagrin with a unit that is about 50% art history reading, 30% sociology in relation to art, and the final 20% being labwork. It is mountains of unintelligible text, followed by mountains of unintelligble wank text, followed by “now lets use the crop tool”.  So I spent today playing mass catch up with this unit, doing the rather large reading… WHAT IN THE LORD’S FUCK IS GOING ON HERE.

To quote my scribblings on the 10-pages

“Small summary of the Making friends with Jarvis Cocker text:

The Web. 2.0. Despite there being a perceived notion of the music industry decentralising, democratising (more power to the artists and listeners, less to record companies), this is not neccesarily the case. Let's use Jarvis Cocker as a case to sample against. Words. Words words words. Youtube. Wikipedia. More Words. Myspace. Quantifiable numbers validating that Cocker's Myspace is indeed seen. Youtube videos.Convergent Media. Thanks to WEB TWO POINT OH and SNS the artefacts of the pop idol and rockstar are being challenged, are being bridged, bringing people preceptively closer to their idols . All thanks to the web's society of archiving, we can map trends, we can correlate all kinds of social interactions, friends, top books ,etc etc.

The moral of the story-  DICKS and FUCK YOU .“

Sorry, needed to vent. Having NO free time between work and being actually at Uni leaves very little time for study (mostly on weekend), even less for free time, so naturally I’m a little vent-needing.

Please excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment